Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yikes

I've given myself the arbitrary deadline of finishing my book before World Fantasy Con. This means I have to write 50,000 words in the next two months. Not only do I have to write them, I have to edit them, which means I'll actually be rewriting about half of them, so ... 75,000 words in the next two months. Actually seeing the numbers is making me hyperventilate.

One word at a time, man, one word at a time.

Let's see. Let's round up to 80,000 words over the next 8 weeks... that's 10,000 words a week ... that's about 1,500 words a day ... that's about six pages a day. What the hell? I can totally do that.

Okay. Breathing normally now. I will have a finished manuscript by World Fantasy Convention.

1 comment:

Kelly McCullough said...

You sound like a professional dealing with a deadline. Good for you, and good luck with it.