Friday, August 11, 2006

bloggin' from Indy

I'm here at Gen Con Indy, and so far I'm having a great time. I attended writing seminars all day yesterday. The woman who edited the anthology I'm in was a panelist, and she called me out a few times, pointing out that I had gotten my first professional sale. She also mentioned she had read a book I had written and "there was something special there." That made me feel all warm and fuzzy. To make the day perfect, I played poker in the evening. I played really well, and got down to the last two tables. I won a free pass to play this evening, so it wasn't all for naught. This afternoon I'm attending a few more writing seminars, a few readings, and hopefully an improv-comedy act. Then I play poker at 9. Whew! It's a good thing I took Monday off, too; I'm going to need a vacation after my vacation.

1 comment:

kate.innuendo said...

I suck at Poker and I never remember how to play. I certainly don't know game rules by their nifty names...like Texas Hold 'em and Something Stud. Yeah, I'm a loser. I don't even watch poker on tv. I think Poker on tv is funny. I have got to catch one of those Rock, Paper, Scissors tourneys on tv one of these days!