Saturday, September 24, 2005

villians

I've been struggling with the new story over the past several hours and I've come to this conclusion: I suck at villians. I'm at the job that is currently paying the bills and we've been busy, so I've only been able to jot a few notes on paper. While I'm rushing all around, however, I've been thinking of the plot, and I can't for the life of me think of why the bad guy wants the good guys to go down. So far it's the "you're magical, which makes you a genetic freak of nature, and you must therefore die" routine, but that just doesn't seem to cut it. It really pisses me off, because I'm beginning to get a solid glimmer of the main characters in my head--Sasha wears clothes like this, Balthazar's attitude is that, Max's morning routine goes something like this--and I think I could have a lot of fun writing about their adventures. But, dammit, they have to have a nemesis! A good one! One that has a kick-ass motive to be bad, and justifications for that motive so he's plausible! Is that too much to fucking ask????

No comments: