Monday, July 17, 2006

ridin' high

I've been in a funk lately. Those of you that have been following my saga know that a few months ago I submitted my "killer survivor" story to a dark humor anthology. According to the submission guidelines, they were going to notify you--yay or nay--by June 30. If you'll note the time stamp it's waaaaay after that. I've been assuming I got rejected, but I figured I should e-mail the editor and get it over with. I sent a polite, business-like letter that basically said, "yo, it's after June 30, what up?" This is the response I got:

Argh! Another e-mail that didn't make it through!We received a lot more submissions than anticipated and were only able to get through the first wave of reads. What you SHOULD have received at the end of June/beginning of July was a note saying that "Last Man Standing" made it past the first read. So we'll be going through the (thankfully, much smaller) pile of second read stories over the next couple of weeks and should have a final answer shortly!

Yeah, bitches, you read that right. I don't want to celebrate too much--clearly I'm going to not make the final cut, at least that's what I'm telling myself so I don't become suicidal if that happens--but hot Damn! I MADE THE FIRST CUT!!!! I'm soooo going to write for, like, three hours today (I normally poop out after an hour-and-a-half, so doubling that is good for me). After I have a celebratory Jimmy John's sandwich. Or a slice of Papa Del's pizza ...

No comments: