Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mark Your Calendars!!!

I surfed over to Amazon.com just now and discovered Pandora's Closet has a listing! For those of you who may have forgotten, that's the anthology my short story is going to appear in. I just happen to have a link for it here, so you can skip on over and reserve your copy now. I'm so frickin' jazzed about this, can you tell? I'm going to try to have a book-signing at a local bookstore when it comes out--I have some boisterous co-workers that have promised to buy copies and make a scene, so I won't feel completely like a poser.

On a sobering note, no rejections or acceptances today. This week, in addition to working on stories and books, I'm going to work on agent queries and a new synopsis for my trilogy/duology. Lots of stuff to keep me busy. Yeah, yeah, I've fallen short of my New Year's resolutions--I did finish a short story last week, but it's a rough draft and not ready for submission--but I have definitely been writing more consistently, and that's the main goal, anyway. For some reason I just feel like I'm going to sell more stories this year. Eternally optimistic, that's me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so frickin cool, dude. Congrats! I can't wait to read...

Bridget (& Jimmy) said...

Awesome. I'll know someone famous! I'll be sure to make a big deal of it out here. Looks like it comes out on Ken's Bday?

Kelly Swails said...

That's right, sister. I'll be gracious and let the dinner that night be his birthday dinner instead of my "look, I can buy my book in a bookstore" dinner. Aren't I a sweetie?

Kelly McCullough said...

Congrats! That's great to see.

One word of warning, release date and actually on the shelves of the store are not necessarily the same thing. There can be up to two weeks of latency built in depending on distribution channels and the rapidity with which boxes are unpacked at any given book store.

Y

kate.innuendo said...

i'll contribute to aforementioned "scene".....

Anonymous said...

Nice, Kelly (X)! Congrats on the pub. credit. It's always cool to see your name in print. When Wyrdsmiths did our anthology last year, it was just fantastic to open it up and say "Hey, that's my story!"