Sunday, January 07, 2007

goodies

As you may remember, I'm rewarding myself each time I get another rejection. It's a way to keep my spirits up, my head above water, etc. etc. etc. Here's some of the things on my list of rejection goodies:
1. The 2007 World Series of Poker game for XBox 360
2. A manicure
3. A pedicure
4. A computer program to let me design kick-ass stationary, address labels, business cards, etc. If any of you out there in blog-land has any suggestions for one, I'd love to hear 'em
5. The Bare Escentuals starter foundation kit--what can I say? I'm a sucker for a good infomercial, and I'm always looking for better make-up.
Of course, there's always the ubiquitous books and movies I want to add to my collection. There's nothing like a good carrot to get you back in front of the laptop.

As you can see, I've updated the WOW and my most recent reads. I'm working on The Lies of Locke Lamora now, and so far it's pretty good. Private is a YA book about a sophomore in high school that goes to--you guessed it--a private boarding school. Popularity angst and all that. I read it mostly because I wanted to reassure myself that my writing is as good as what's out there, and that the book I'm working on is indeed a YA book. I've been reassured on both counts. Plus, I got sucked into it at the bookstore. Go, Kate Brian and team.

No comments: