Sunday, September 16, 2007

distractions

Two of my bestest friends are in town from L.A. for a long weekend. (See "Bridget and Jimmy" over on the blogroll? Yeah, them.) Lots of socializing but not much writing has been done over the past few days. Me, Ken, Bridget and Jimmy had breakfast food for dinner Thursday night. Bridget, me, and two of our girlfriends had dinner and shopped on Friday night, and last night all of us, plus spouses, attended a mutual friend's wedding. The wedding was in an outdoor garden; the weather was gorgeous. The bride looked beautiful, the groom looked a little shaky, and the service was simple and funny and touching. Good times, but damn if the word-meter hasn't moved. Today I have two goals: get laundry done and edit three more chapters of Stormy Weather. This is actually a fairly tall order, seeing as how I haven't really done laundry for a few weeks. I will prevail, however.

After the edits, the manuscript will head out to a few non-writer readers. A final polish, then it's off to the agents. Then I'll work on a new short story before I start my new novel outline. Everything according to plan ... mawahaahaa.

I'm reading Red Seas under Red Skies by Scott Lynch right now. I'm not that far into it, but so far it's good. Never fear, I'll review it when I'm done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just tapped Lies this weekend, and it was great. I'm ready to go grab Red Seas right now, just so I don't have to wait for it to get back into the library to read it!

Long time. Still fissioning, but getting closer to being back on line. Soon!

Kelly Swails said...

Remember, dude: liquor and sleep.
Keep plugging; I'm thinking about ya! :)

As for Lies, isn't it awesome? I hadn't read anything like it before. Red Seas is just okay so far. I'm about a hundred pages in. It's starting to look up, though.