Wednesday, November 22, 2006

undead

So it turns out I know why the bad guys are the bad guys in my book. All the Powerful people, see, are underground, see? And the Powerful Mafia types are even more underground than the normal Powerful people. But the Mafia types want to "come out," as it were, and show the world how great and Powerful they are, and are gonna use our hero to do that. Of course, once they're out, they're going to rule the world. Mind reading, telekinesis, and alchemy for hire? You bet they're gonna take over. And, of course, our hero's not going to let anyone mess with the Powerful people's way of life.

Which brings me to the question: wouldn't the government really like to have a Powerful person like that on staff? Hmmm. Maybe that would be a subject for a future book ...

I have to say that right now, I'm not in a festive frame of mind. I have to work the next five days (it's my holiday to work, rah-rah-health-care) and so Ken and I aren't really celebrating with a turkey dinner. I think we may hit the movies tomorrow night, and maybe find a chinese restaurant to eat at. But still, it's the season, so here's a quick list of what I'm thankful for:
Ken
kitties
warm house
good friends
all five senses

Now, I'm gonna go work on da book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the book is undead! The whole thing about underground people wanting to "come out" to show how powerful they are sounds like excellent motivation.

(but sorry you have to work...)

kate.innuendo said...

All this talk about "coming out" makes me wonder...

:)

i'm not feeling very festive either. can we skip Baby Jesus's Birthday this year?