Tuesday, January 17, 2006

surviving

I finished my second day by myself on the urine bench today without killing anyone or bleeding out my eyes, so I'm a happy camper. The real test will be tomorrow and Thursday, which are the days with the most cultures. I'm guessing I'll be leaving late, but whatever. They pay me to be there.

On the writing front, I was hitting a wall with my second anthology story until I talked it over with Ken. He pointed out that it was sort of lame, and maybe I should do it another way. I saw that he was right--it's not like me to struggle with writing a page or two, and so something had to be wrong--and I took his suggestions. The words are flowing much better, so hopefully I'll be getting copies of each of the stories to my readers at the end of the week. And then it's onward to starting a new book.

One of my best girlfriends will possibly be moving out ot L.A. in a few months. I'm bummed. It's a good opportunity for her significant other, but I don't want her to leave. She is freakishly like my husband. Anytime I bitch about something Ken's done or relay Ken's side of an arguement, Bridget will inevitably come in on Ken's side. Sometimes during random situations words will come out of her mouth that I'll swear I've heard Ken say in similar situations. It's freaky. She says I remind her of her boyfriend in the same way, so for me it validates our friendship. I'm going to miss her so much when she leaves. In a perfect world I'd fly out to see her once a year. More likely we'll meet somewhere in the middle ... like Vegas. Yeah, Vegas.

No comments: