All right, fine. I give in. Here's a meme I cribbed from Elizabeth Glover. For those of you who read my blogspot and LJ blogs, forgive me; I'm posting this to both.
Set your music player to "shuffle." Take a random lyric from each of the first ten songs to play. The blog readers that guess correctly get a Great Prize!
P.S. Googling the lyric=cheating.
P.P.S. The Great Prize=the satisfaction of being correct. You're gettin' nothin' from me.
As an extra bonus, I'm including a few hints. I think this is hard.
1. You got off every time you got on to me. (Think recent rock album)
2. There's vomit on his sweater already/mom's spaghetti/he's nervous/but on the surface he looks calm and ready. (rap song from a movie)
3. "Please state your name for the record." (think dialogue from movie)
4. My shadow's the only one that walks beside me. (think guy-liner)
5. We all had our reasons to be there/we all had a thing or two to learn/ we all needed something to pray to. (think angry young woman)
6. It'll take more than a shot to get the poison outta me. (think hairband that's still making music)
7. Oh you hold me so close and my knees grow weak. (think 70's singer that had a penchant for looooong operatic songs)
8. Being good isn't always easy/no matter how hard I try. (think movie soundtrack)
9. Come and knock on our door/we've been waiting for you. (think 70's-era theme song)
10. It's a struggle livin' like a good boy oughta/in the summer watchin' all the girls pass by. (Think Elton John sound-alike)
Good luck, gang!
ETA: 2=Eminem "Lose Yourself" and 4=Green Day" Blvd. of Broken Dreams.
Congrats to Sean Murphy!