Monday, October 02, 2006

It's good to be me.

The book is booking, I've lost 2 pounds, and tonight I mowed the yard. Life is good.

I've discovered a new pet peeve of mine. I hate it when someone narrates a movie you're both watching. As in, "Oh, look, wife's going to work. He's not though. Unemployed." It implies I am not smart enough to figure this out on my own. I hate having my intellegence insulted more than anything. I also hate when someone feels the need to talk about nothing just to fill the silence. Can't we all just sit quietly and be together? Is that too much to ask?

The above tirade has nothing at all to do with my mother and her husband's visit this past weekend. Not one bit.

This weekend I'd like to write the "Love and Sacrifice" open-anthology short story. Usually it takes me a week or two to write a short, because I like to mull things over in my head and live with one idea before moving on the the next. This time, though, I think it's going to be pretty emotional and that's not a place I want to dwell for a long period of time. So I'm going to try a marathon writing session on Saturday or Sunday and write a first draft, start to finish. Fingers crossed.

No comments: