Monday, October 16, 2006

blech

It is cold, wet, windy, and miserable outside. Yesterday it was a beautiful, sunny, crisp 60 degrees. Today it's a rainy, miserable 56. This doesn't sound like much of a difference, but oh, it is. Yesterday, it was fall. Today, it is almost winter. The rain is going to knock all the gorgeous orange leaves out of the trees and leave naked branches behind. It's supposed to rain for the next three days, too. Bridget, eat your heart out.

I got a rejection from Analog today for "Last Man Standing." It's the first time I've gotten a two-page form rejection. It's basically their submission guidelines with nothing written on it, just "Thank you for the opportunity to examine your submission for publication in Analog. We regret that we cannot make use of it at this time" typewritten at the top. Strange. Anyhoo, back to the drawing board.

I got a freebie massage today. One of my co-workers is getting a massage therapy license, and she's giving free massages so she can get her required practice hours. Rock on! She said she only found one knot in my shoulder and one in my calf, so apparently I'm a very relaxed person. It's true, I guess, that I don't usually get headaches or backaches or shoulder aches or anything. Is it that I'm relaxed or apathetic? Relaxed, I think. Whatever, I don't care. (heehee, that's a joke, see.)

Just finished watching "How I Met Your Mother." I love that show. If you don't watch it, do. Neil Patrick Harris alone makes it worth your time, but the whole cast is great.

2 comments:

kate.innuendo said...

Kelly, don't look at this at work or anything!!! It has sound!

Message for You

Bridget (& Jimmy) said...

Gee, that's too bad to hear about the weather in Illinois:)
We were at Costco the other day and Jimmy swears he saw Neil Patrick Harris leaving! "What would he be doing here," I say. Then he swears he sees him in the passenger side of a truck that's leaving. So, the story we came up with is that he was with a not so famous friend who was looking to buy a flat panel tv - at Cosco. How does that sound?