Monday, June 16, 2008

Lessons learned

A few things I learned over the weekend:

1. Do not, under any circumstances, see The Happening. M. Night Shyamalan wrote, directed, and produced it, and it is truly terrible. The concept was good--it's a day-of-apocolypse story--but the execution was horrible. Characters and dialogue were awful and things were thrown into the plot that made no sense. Ugh. One good thing I will say about it was there were some nice cinematography. I repeat: Do. Not. See. It.

2. Driving along the edge of a severe thunderstorm is almost worse than driving right through it. Also, looking for a tornado while trying to keep the car on the road in the wind for an hour straight can be a little exhausting.

3. Reading a holocaust novel right before bed can give you funny dreams.

1 comment:

kate.innuendo said...

1) I heard that about that movie.

2) I did this for about 20 minutes too.

3) Holocaust is probably the #1 worst topic you could read before bed. I have been having bad dreams for a week now but not for any good reason. They've all been variations on the theme of betrayal and abandonment.