Monday, November 12, 2007

*sigh*

Just received a rejection e-mail from the agent that had requested the partial.

It's pissing rain outside.

I want to stay home, bake a cake, snuggle under the covers, and watch television all night. But, no. Tonight I will go to the gym. And then I'll shower, bake a cake, sunggle under the covers, and watch television all night. How I Met Your Mother, Chuck, and Heroes, here I come.

I'm up to 2000 words on TtP. I'm nearly done with the first chapter. It's actually coming along rather nicely.

4 comments:

Sarah Prineas said...

Rats, that's too bad.

Here's hoping for the others! Never surrender!!

Anonymous said...

Hey X, it just keeps happening.

No, really. I'm not trying to be depressing. What I realized recently is this: The rejections don't actually matter, other than confirmation that they got your work. There is no possible way to measure everyting involved in making a sale--and no way to control all those elements. I've read it, and I'd buy it. That, I can say with certainty. If no one ever buys it, it's their loss. The next thing you write will be even stronger, as will the one that follows that. Brute force, I think, may be the only sure way into publishing. Write, submit, repeat. We'll get there, I promise.

Oh, and save me some of that cake.

Kelly Swails said...

Thanks for the kind words, Sean. I know, I know ... keep bustin' your head against the wall until it breaks.

Anonymous said...

Seriously. Your head is thicker than the wall.

I know mine is.